Gay for Good is hosting a Park Beautification project day at Golden Gate Park, Mallard Lake, California, on Saturday, October 25th, from 9:00am until noon, PDT.
As stated on their website, Gay For Good “aims to energize and mobilize the LGBT community to interact with the greater community by volunteering our time to various social welfare and environmental service projects.”
Sister Roma, a widely recognized San Francisco based organizer, entertainer and activist, posted on her Facebook page:
“Gay for Good – San Francisco is one of my favorite volunteer organizations. With them I’ve filled potholes in the zebra pen at the SF Zoo, painted the playground at a local school for special youth and more. If you get a chance you should check it out – it’s the most fun you can have getting down and dirty with your clothes on!”
Directions to the event site: Enter Golden Gate Park from Lincoln Way on 25th Avenue, turn right on Martin Luther King Dr. and head west 1-1/2 blocks.
Volunteer Guidelines are as follows:
- Wear old clothes—inevitably you will be getting dirty
- Wear layers of clothes—long pants and long sleeved shirt
- Wear sturdy closed-toed shoes with good tread
- Bring rain-gear and/or sun block and sun hat
- Bring work gloves if available—otherwise we will supply
- Projects take place rain or shine—barring high winds or dangerous weather conditions.
SFRPD will provide all necessary tools. Please arrive promptly to receive instructions on work scope and safety practices.